Monday, June 6, 2011

BIG SAVINGS at Walgreens and CVS


I had some major savings at Walgreens and CVS today.Most of my stuff came from CVS, as they have some great Extra Care Buck deals this week. The ones I took advantage of were:
 

-Crest Pro Health Mouth Wash 1 L $4.50 each
           -Receive $2.50 ECB
           -$2/1 Crest Pro Health Mouth Wash coupon from the 6/5/11 newspaper
           -Limit of 2 per card
           -Final price: FREE (before tax)
-Colgate MaxClean or MaxFresh Smartfoam Toothpaste $2.79 each
           -Receive $2 ECB
           -$.75/1 Colgate toothpaste coupon from 6/5/11 newspaper
           -Limit of 2 per card
           -Final price: $.04 (before tax)
-Oral-B Pulsar Toothbrush $6.00 each
           -Receive $3 ECB
           -$3/1 Oral B adult or child battery operate toothbrush from 6/5/11 newspaper
           -Limit 2 per card
           -Final Price: FREE (before tax)
-Colgate 360 Surround Toothbrush $2.79
           -Receive $2 ECB
           -Use $.75/1 Colgate Manual Toothbrush from 6/5/11 newspaper
           -Limit 2 per card
           -Final Price: $.04 (before tax)

This is a great example of how you can pair coupons and store rewards for maximum savings. Some other coupon matchups that I took advantage of are:

Gillette Body Wash, on sale for $3.99 each
-I used a BOGO coupon and a $2/1 coupon from a couple weeks ago to get both for only $2 before tax.

Febreze Air Effects, on sale for $3.00
-I used a $1/1 coupon from a P&G coupon book (I don't remember where I got it)

I had 2 $1/1 Sally Hansen nail treatments in my binder that were about to expire and was able to grab two nail polishes that were on clearance for 75% off. This made them only $1-2 each, and they were originally $7-10!

I also grabbed the Revlon powder I talked about last week and of course, a pack of gum.

Total value before ECB and coupons was $63.21. I paid a little over $19 and have a $4 ECB for next time, making my total price only $15. I saved over 75%!

Walgreens was a simple trip. In this Sunday's paper, there were more of those $4/1 ProGlide razor coupons. I got 3 papers so I had three coupons, and luckily the promotion was still going on, so I picked up all 3. Now, a tip if you're going to do this: DO NOT use the register rewards from the previous razor to pay for the next, because the RR for the second will not printer. The computer is designed to prevent "double dipping". So you will have to pay out of pocket for them and use the RR for something else or save them for next week.

The total price of all my purchases today before coupons, RR, or ECB was $84.37. My total, when considering what store rewards I have more next week, is right around $18. A total savings of 79%!

No comments:

Post a Comment