Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer Stock Up: Gatorade

It's time for a summer stock up!

At Marsh Supermarkets this week they are having a Mega Sale; when you buy 10 participating items you receive a $5 instant savings and a $5 Catalina (printable dollars-off coupon) off your next purchase. Gatorade Thirst Quenchers 32 oz. are part of this sale. Their price is $1.09 each. With the instant savings and Catalinas, they will cost $.09 each!

Here is my suggestion. Buy in quantities in ten and do a separate transaction for each set of 10. The first will cost $5.90. For the following transactions, use the Catalina from the previous transaction. The transaction after the first will cost $.90. 

I just pre ordered 100 bottles from my local store and plan to pick them up in the morning. I will write a blog when I have completed the transaction. I suggest that if you plan to order more than 10 or 20, call ahead so they can set them aside for you! My only worry is that the Catalinas will have a restriction that they cannot be used the same day; in that case I will not be buying many, as I do not want to pay $59.00 out of pocket. I will let you know how it goes!


My Gatorade haul!

UPDATE:
When I arrived at Marsh, they had my 100 bottles in the flavors I choose already set aside and ready for me. I had called ahead to double check about the Catalina, and while the manager had told me on the phone that it would be fine, it was in fact a promotion for the following week. (meaning, the $5 catalinas wouldn't be good until June 9th). The manager, however, said he thinks it would still work and took me to the customer service desk to check out, so as not to hold up the registers. Like I planned, we did 10 transactions of 10 bottles. Tax was applied before any discounts, so $.08 was added to the price of each bottle, bringing them up to almost $.17 a bottle. This is still a great deal though!

The first transaction cost $6.66. The other nine cost $1.66, because the catalinas did indeed ring up. I paid $21.60 out of pocket today, and have a $5 catalina for next time, bringing the total cost of the 100 Gatorades to $16.60! My total savings on this trip was $125. This was my biggest haul thus far, and the trunk was packed! I am very happy with this purchase. I hope you take advantage of this great sale! Stock up while it's at a rock bottom price!

No comments:

Post a Comment