Friday, June 24, 2011

CVS: Shopping on Pocket Change


There is nothing I love more than getting great products for rock bottom prices. Except when I am paid to take things from the store, and that is precisely what this deal at CVS does!
If you remember, a couple weeks ago I grabbed some drink coupons from a pad at a gas station. One of those was $.75 off any Smart Water. Luckily I grabbed quite a few, and that is how I made this deal work! Smart Water is one sale 5 for $5 this week at CVS, and when you buy 5 you get 2 Extra Care Bucks. I used 5 of the coupons, paid $1.25 out of pocket, and got 2 ECBs, making this a $.75 money maker!

Another small money-maker is Colgate Total toothpaste. There is a $1 off coupon from May that you can use. They are on sale for $2.79, and you get 2 ECBs. When you use the coupon, you make around $.01 after tax, but still, it is a great deal! Remember, NEVER pay for toothpaste or toothbrushes, you should ALWAYS be able to get them for free!

A final great deal that I took advantage of today was Kashi Go Lean cereal. I love it, but it is rather expensive, around $4 per box! I managed to get two boxes for $.50 each today, and this is how! First things first, you will need two $2/1 Kashi coupons. You can get these from Recycle Bank, a site dedicated to green living. The cereal is on sale at CVS 2 for $6 with 1 ECB printing when you buy two. Use both the coupons, pay $2 out of pocket, at get 1 ECB, making them $.50 each!

I did three separate transactions, paid a total of $4.24 out of pocket, and walked away with 4 ECBs, meaning I got 5 bottles of water, 2 boxes of cereal, and toothpaste for only $.24!

No comments:

Post a Comment