Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Walmart Shopping Trip: Success

It is a hot one today in central Indiana, and since we have yet to put our window air conditioner in, I have nearly every fan in the house pointed my way. Of course, retail therapy also helps cure a heat wave, and a FREE trip is even better.

I headed to Wal-Mart today with my list and coupons, and I knew exactly what I wanted. That's the key, a concise list and organized coupons. It is so stressful to dig through your purse, binder, ect. in the store. So have it on hand and ready to go! On my list were band-aides, cleaner, batteries, and razors. A couple days ago I printed a $2/1 Rayovac coupon (no longer available, unfortunately). I also printed $1/2 Spic n Span Cleaner (under household), $1/1 Nexcare Band Aides (NO PRINT LIMIT!!), and $1/1 Wilkonson's Disposable Razors (on last page of personal care).

Walmart prices on these items:
Nexcare Band-Aides: $1=FREE (I used 5 coupons, but plan on printing more to stock up and also donate to Red Cross for Joplin, MO)
Wilkonson's Disposable Twin Blade 4-pack: $.97=FREE with $.03 overage! (Only bought one pack, coupons.com didn't allow 2 prints for some reason)
Rayovac Heavy Duty 2-4 Pack (depending on type, AA and AAA are 4-pack, 9 volt are 2-pack): $.97=FREE with $1.03 overage on each pack! (I bought 2, that was the coupon print limit)
Spin n Span Antibacterial Spray: $.97 each=$.94 for both

The overages on the batteries took care of the Spin n Span and left me with a total of -$.47, so I bought a pack of  gum to bring it out of the red, and paid $.56 for all this stuff! What a great success this was!



Did you get any good deals this week? Find any great coupons you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment